Reply To: When did you start to suspect you needed to transition

Anonymous

I’m curious when you began to suspect that there was more to the gender journey than a fascination with clothes of the opposite gender. That perhaps transition was something in your future?

In my case, I never had the slightest interest in women’s clothes.

For me, the fascination was the possibility of changing my physiology in some way. Not my clothes.

However, I was aware of the limitations of medical science. I was also aware that transsexuals who were read as transsexuals could have a hard time in society and the workplace.

For those reasons, I wrote off the idea of transitioning as no more than a fantasy.

But changes to society emboldened me to consider the idea again.

The political umbrella changed from GL to LGB, to LGBT and since I began the process in 2012, the acronym has exploded to include the entire alphabet.

I started with medication – not through the “proper channels” initially – and it became clear to me that I wanted to make as many bodily changes in the “female direction” as practically possible.

The social and legal side of things scared me a great deal, but I knew that I had to present as female publicly in order to qualify for GRS on the National Health Service.

So I took the plunge. I had my GRS in the summer of 2016.

I have zero regrets 🙂

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?