Barbie

• This topic has 10 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

OMG, I went with my teenage daughters and their friends, basically a gaggle of girls. I was the designated driver. Some how in this new age I wore the most pink, but hey what can you say.  Anyway I simply loved the movie, had so many old Gen X references, plus so much more. I was giggling, if you can call it that, or down right laughing with the rest of them. I think I might even have teared up at a few scenes but that was just my inner little girl talking.

Miriam

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

As W.C. Fields once said:

”Never touch the stuff!”

Lauren Mugnaia
      AMBASSADOR

Going with a girlfriend tomorrow, looking forward to it! Will be wearing appropriate pink!

Hugs,

Lauren

Anonymous

Let me know what you think, I loved it, and think it is a game changer in the current gender wars that is happening. Mark my words in a year from now Trad wife  glamour is going to be all the rage.

DeeAnn Hopings
          AMBASSADOR

Does that mean that the Stepford Wives are coming back?!?!

Anonymous

Yep, 50’s with a touch of sparkle. Lucky for us the Stepford’s only killed the men, but  Unlucky for us we get turned into robots.

Toni Floria
      HOSPITALITY CREW

Loved it  I was kinda surprised when the tears came near the end  my mascara,!

Anonymous

Guess it was not just me who teared up.

I loved it, this is a movie I probably wouldn’t have watched 3 years ago. All that’s changed now…

Lauren Mugnaia
      AMBASSADOR

Yes, I went. Yes, I cried…a lot. So yes, I should have worn waterproof mascara! Yes, I should have brought more tissues! And YES! I loved it!! So much that I’m going again this Sunday with another girlfriend. Maybe this time I won’t have to try watching it through my tears.

I’m not completely sure, but I believe recently being told that I am an intersex female, and the knowledge that I truly am a woman, had a major effect on my response to seeing the Barbie movie. I was so in touch with all the female characters and it brought back so many memories from my childhood. I have always been feminine! I don’t have a masculine bone in my body! When my sister got Barbies and I got Tonka trucks, I looked at my mom and tried not to cry.

The movie is also a very poignant, but definitely pointed, social commentary. Which is why it has apparently offended many who are all in an uproar, and a certain podcaster going to a store to purchase quite a few Barbie dolls just so he could film himself lighting them on fire!

I love the movie, it will always be dear to my feminine heart, and I can honestly say that it helped affirm and validate me as a woman traveling this new pathway on my journey.

Big hugs ladies,

Ms. Lauren M

Anonymous

Glad you loved it. And I was lucky my sister let me play barbies with her when I was little.  The two ones my sister let me be was skipper and the pump up her boobs barbie, guess growing barbie, so the movie reference was wonderful.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Transgender Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?