Beautiful Transitions

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Barb
      FREE

I Hugged a Girl and I liked It!

Actually, I hugged a few girls, all in various stages of womanhood.

This week I attended a meeting for transwomen and their allies in lovely Collingwood, Ontario. They meet once a month in a wonderful old century-home right in the heart of town with the magnificent Niagara Escarpment filling our front window. So beautiful are the streets with so many Pride Flags everywhere! The warmth and kindness I received went well beyond my expectations.

I didn’t come empty-handed. I had been in contact with two ladies through our local LGBTQ+ community. So, we kept in contact for a while and I then got invited to their meeting. Since my two new friends knew a bit about me, they skillfully and warmly steered the conversation in my direction and allowed me to talk about what makes me tick. We then went around the room so everyone else had a chance to speak of their latest adventures with a few well-intentioned comments to keep us all smiling and laughing!

Honesty and openness are the attributes most cherished by these blossoming women. I didn’t hold anything back. Heck, this is why I’m here! So, I came clean. I said to all that I am first and foremost a staunch ally for Trans and LGBTQ+ rights and that my true desire is to live life as a transfeminine woman as best as I can. I felt so relieved once I let it all out. Even had a tear or two. When I looked up, I saw nothing but smiles from ear-to-ear.

Then things really heated up! These girls are from HARD backgrounds and coming out as trans only made their lives that much more complicated. None of them asked for this. I didn’t ask for this. But it is who we are and stopping it isn’t an option.

We talked a lot about drugs, hormonal and recreational. LOL!! We also talked about movies and hunks like John Wick (played by Canadian actor Keanu Reeves). What we mostly talked about are the gains made by the LGBTQ+ community in the last few decades. Yes, Canada is a haven for Trans women and men, but dark clouds may be rolling through as we prepare for our next federal election. However, I think the power the LGBTQ+ community now has is well entrenched and any changes to our Human Rights Act would harm any political party’s chances of ruling. We hope…

Anyway, an amazing experience! I highly recommend joining a local group, whether Trans or LGBTQ+ or both! Sometimes they’re an all-in-one group too! Making friends who understand me is priceless and I’ll do what I can to help my community in any way I can. I just wish my friends in Florida could join me too! You know who you are and I love you dearly!

Take care everyone!

Love, Barb : )

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Barb:

What you speak of is the power of community. It is exceedingly important to know is that we are part of a continuum: people considering their gender identity, people who have come to the conclusion of who they are, people who are actively changing how they live and those who have settled into their true gender identity and are living as such. It is like a river, ever flowing. Glad that you had that experience!

And by the way, in my hometown of Toledo, Ohio I lived on Collingwood Boulevard for a time. But Wait, There’s More! I have visited Collingwood, Ontario! The first company that I worked for after college had a factory there. I worked for what was then Libbey Owens Ford Co. (now Pilkington NA) and I was there for a few days in the early 80’s. Small world!

Barb
      FREE

DeeAnn, if you’re ever up my way again, then give me a shout! Coffee (or a pint) is on me!

Barb ,)

DeeAnn Hopings
        AMBASSADOR

Thanks!

Unfortunately I’m not traveling much these days. I retired at the end of January 2016 and some medical issues settled in late that year. I do miss the traveling. For work, with some personal excursions sprinkled around, my count was 11 countries, 35 states and I worked with people from 17 countries. I am a traveler at heart and it suited me just fine.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Advice for Transitioning’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?