Chemo and losing depth?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mama Bear
      FREE

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I’ve tried contacting some gender docs about this, but none have even replied. Seems like all they’re interested in, is cranking out new surgeries.

I’m M-f and transitioned in the early 90’s. ( Schrang – wish I hadn’t! ) I’ve had no real “issues” since then ( got past the depression with years of self defense training, and found a new occupation to replace the one i was fired from ) – just dilated religiously weekly since and have maintained a depth of about 3″ for all these years.

But in March, I was diagnosed with lymphoma and had to start chemo treatments called R-CHOP, which is pretty harsh stuff. Since July, every 3-4 weeks, for 6 times. I’ve had 5 so far.

The good news is, it apears to be curing the cancer. The bad news is that I’ve gradually been losing depth, to the point where I couldn’t even dilate last weekend. Does anyone know if this will be reversible, once I’m done with chemo next month? Like maybe it will get better again in January? Or have I just lost it?

I hope you are still taking estrogen and continue to dilate. Other than that, I think you should ask an experienced gynecologist. Good luck to you on both fronts, lymphoma and maintaining vaginal health and depth.❤

Mama Bear
      FREE

Yes, I’ve been on a safe 1mg estradiol daily since the 90’s.

I’ve been continuing to dilate weekly, as I said, but this last week, it was GONE. NO DEPTH.

As for a GYN, how many of them know a THING about us?

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Mama Bear.

Mama, I wish you a complete recovery (wouldn’t it be wonderful if wishes came true) in as comfortable and pain-free process as possible.  From what you wrote, I assume you will be having 6th chemo this month.  Hope you recover from it enough to have a very merry Christmas.  Bobbie

Mama Bear
          FREE

[postquote quote=134301]

Thank you. It’s not as bad as I originally thought when posting. Maybe an inch of depth now.

I had the last chemo on Friday and it’s cumulative, so I’ve been wiped out and sleepy – messed up. But I can recover from here. Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate it!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?