Daily life while going through facial hair removall

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I just finished reading an article on another site where a girl out on a week long femme vacation switched back to drab because she needed to go buy a razor and I had to give a little giggle.Β  Having been on regular electrolysis for almost a year I know that there is no way around having some days where you just can’t shave in prep for the next appointment.Β  The first few time s I had to do this I was not living full time so it was no big deal, but half way through the year I had deal with being femm and having beard growth.Β  After all this is going to take 3 yrs or more I’m told.Β  Fortunately I have my own office so I could just hide out there and minimize my exposure, but eventually there are needs to be out more publicly including the 5 block walk down Main Street twice daily.Β  Eventually I figure out a foundation and bronzer combination that mostly hid it, but up close in the mirror it looked horrifying.Β  So I found my self trying to keep as much distance as i could.Β  Then my boss decided that every morning his team needed to huddle in his office.Β  I ended up begging my electrologist to fit me into her Saturday schedule so the worst day was a day off.Β  Now its just Fridays that are uncomfortable, but through time I’ve found that unless someone gets up and close to me they cant tell that I have a couple days growth, which by the way gets to be shorter and shorter.Β  The funny part is,Β  I see women who have more facial hair than me now.Β  I know some of them are just as uncomfortable as me and I feel sympathetic pangs of anxiety.

Well , it’s an issue with facial hair growth and my growth is slow but still there is with blonde/grey , shows my age , ha! Ha ! a child of the 1960’s , in my case at home eplitating then using carbon dye pushed into the raw roots that conducts the electricity works using a Tria laser or high Intensity light beam saves money and embarrassment going to the salon bearded or least shaggy looking , eventually it’ll be a thing of the past having beard growth.

If you don’t mind me asking what is the price point on electrolysis now? I’m between the two (laser and electrolysis) I’m hoping between HRT and regular laser I can knock it down quicker. I hate the thought of having to drag it out for years. Granted I know my whole transition is going to take time..

Skyler, I am lucky that it is low here @ $75/hr.Β  It can get close to double that in some cities I’m told.Β  As far as length of time, I’m told it will be years regardless, but the frequency does lessen.Β  I know I can go several weeks after a session, at least on the dark hairs.Β  We focused on those first to get rid of the shadow.Β  Now we work on the white hairs.

Oh gosh, I couldn’t imagine Chicago is that kind of pricing lol. I’m fully expecting this to take time, I’m just tired of cutting my face up lol. It takes sooo much longer to do my makeup because I’m constantly conscious of Anya residual stubble. I’ve read that HRT helps with terminal hair growth. I’m hoping between that and laser or electrolysis I can knock out this nasty facial hair forever

Hello all,

Just thought I would through my two cents in about electrolysis. I will say in my city it is 70/hr, which adds up quickly.

I am not sure of the cost of laser as it is does not work on blonde or gray hairs, but have been told that is the most cost effective way of hair removal.

I had a little over 160 hours whenΒ  my electrologist said she would do meΒ  pro-bono , as she figured she had been under treating me.I will also say that HRT does lessen some hair growth but it still grows.

After 3 years now I might have the odd hair pop up but they are not very noticeable. Just one little tip when it comes time to do the upper lip, buy emla cream or I have heard of a few patients have had a dentist freeze that area, because it does hurt.

All the best

Deb

I got lucky in that the pain isn’t much of a factor for me.Β  I fall asleep during my sessions.Β  I can’t say enough about the CeraVe ointment she uses at the end though.Β  It really keeps everything antiseptic during recovery.Β  I use it on razor burn now too and never get the red bumps and pimples I used to everywhere else.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘The Physical Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?