First time out

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hi Everyone

I’m Allie. I’m not out to friends or family. Trying to find my way. Looking forward to making friends.

Does anyone have any tips for a first time outing? Nowhere close to passing. Thought of a bike ride or nature outing. Looking for something where I wouldn’t encounter a lot of people but finally be out in the world and not in my house.

much love to everyone here

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Allie, welcome to our neck of the world. I do hope you are getting situated and seeing all there is here. Please let me know if you have any questions. Either I, or someone else, will make sure we reply back. I do so hope you will join us in the Chatroom. I enjoy chatting there a lot. If you look in Social -> Member Directory, you can search for other people that may be near by. Or under Places -> Local Places, you can search for all sorts of things that may be near you. Hope to see you chatting soon. Oh, and don’t forget about digging through the Articles and Forums. Loads of information there. Hugs, Michelle

Anonymous

Hi Allie, thanks for joining us here. I’m a pretty new member myself. People are very welcoming here so you’ll have no problems there. I’m in the same situation as you. Not even been outside as my better self yet, hopefully that’ll change soon though. Have you ever thought of an early morning walk, it’s quiet and calm, not too many people (if any). Speak soon hun 😀

Hi Amelia

Beautiful name. That’s a wonderful idea. Thank you for being so welcoming!

❤️

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Allie, I would also encourage you to tell us as much as you can about yourself in your profile. It goes a long way to sparking interaction with other members. Thanks, Michelle

Aundrea K
      FREE

[postquote quote=96401]
      I think this is all about what will make you the happiest, don’t go to far or you’ll hate it and maybe purge.

What worked for me, I set the goal to go out, then I picked a date and bought everything I was missing to make a complete look.  I didn’t want to go out alone so I searched for friends. I actually had the best luck on grindr, and found someone willing to help me in the first couple days online. She came over helped me get dressed and then we went out to denver for dinner, then bar hopped the rest of the night. Was way more then I planned but I loved every minute of it. I learned through it that I’m trans and I love it. So go get out there and be you

Hi Aundrea

Sounds like an amazing experience. I only hope to experience something similar. I don’t have any transgender friends here where I live. I hope to make some.

Thanks so much!

❤️

Hi Allie! My first time out I went totally for comfort. Jeans, a cute tee, and a hoodie. I also added light makeup and a pony tail. Dress to your comfort level sweetie. As you go your confidence grows and before you know it you’ll be shopping in an adorable summer dress and it will feel nothing but natural.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Allie:

Lots of good thoughts here! It’s all a matter of being comfortable and being yourself.

I see that you are in Holyoke. My daughter went to Amherst for undergrad, so I have some familiarity with the area. As you likely know, Northhampton is a great place for LGBT folks. There used to be an LGBT book store on the main east-west drag through downtown. If it is still there, or something like it, that could make for a nice outing. Close, but not too close! And definitely, whatever you decide to do, RELAX! People pick up on fidgety, nervous folks very quickly, so fight the urge.

So, thanks for completing your Profile page. I usually have to remind people to do that. It is important as it provides some pieces to the puzzle and it goes a long ways towards helping others understand your situation, struggles and goals. Plus, you can update it at any time when something changes.

Oh, Coffee Lover?!?! We Must talk!

Glad to have you with us and I hope it will be a very good experience for you…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?