Hello lovely souls, my name is Joyce

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I joined TGH over 3 months ago but never properly introduced myself. I’ve been  reading articles and comments, watched some live podcasts and just learning too navigate the site.

My first introduction was “lost”. Well, not really, I just put it in a place where it wasn’t as likely to be read, my bad. So let’s try this once more to see if I get it right.

I met my transgender girlfriend 8 months ago. At the time she had been on HRT for only a month. It never occurred to me that I would date a woman who is transitioning. It wasn’t something I had given any thought to because it didn’t apply to me personally.  But did I think I would or could fall in love with a transgender woman? Well I did and I’m so blessed that I have her in my life.

It’s so great this site exists because I  couldn’t find the  handbook I needed. I know  there’s tremendous support in the community for each other so there’s got to be someone out there that can help should I need somebody too talk to. That’s comforting to know.

Warm hugs, Joyce

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Joyce, you lost your handbook? OMG, those are one of a kind, personalized editions…… Oh well, just get a new notebook, of your choice, and write down all you can remember. And then start filling stuff as you go. That is what everyone else has to do anyway. In the meantime, if you look in Social -> Member Directory, you can search for other people that may be near by. Or under Places -> Local Places, you can search for all sorts of things that may be near you. Hope to see you chatting soon. Oh, and don’t forget about digging through the Articles and Forums. Loads of information there. Hugs, Michelle

Thank you Michelle! I appreciate your response and providing the link. It’s so nice to meet you also.

Hugs, Joyce

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Joyce:

It’s like kids. They don’t come with instruction books either! Sounds like an opportunity to make a fortune! Anyway, in the meantime…

Please complete your Profile page. It helps other members to get to know you and understand your situation. Regular threads will eventually wind up at the bottom of the pile as new ones come in. The Profile page is always readily available and can be updated at any time if something changes.

There is a book that I would recommend that you both read:

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Trans
      (But Were Afraid To Ask)
      by Brynn Tannehill
      published in 2019 by Jessica Kingsley Publishers

I covers MANY different facets, including gender issues, political attacks by conservatives, medical and mental health, religion, scientific information and other topics. It is an extraordinarily well researched book, which is reinforced by the fact that the EndNotes cover 61 pages!

Glad that you have joined us and I trust it will be a good experience for you!

DeeAnn, Hi there and thank you for your response. I appreciate the great info on the link and for giving details on what the book is about and not just the title to it. It’s the little details that make the difference.

It would be nice if there was a how to manual for whatever life sends our way. I can’t think of a better place to give and to receive the support we all need from time to time than right here.

Warm hugs, Joyce

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?