Hello my name is Catherine

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hey, I’m here to find wisdom on how to better coope with the stress of transitioning and dealing with people and I’m really looking for moral support. I’m very greatful to be apart of this community and will be here as much as my data will allow lol. I’m learning Spanish and I write poetry but I’m not wounderful at either but I do my best. If anyone has advice on how to get a job or deal with haters I’ll here it πŸ˜…. Thank you and I look forward to making new friends. Pardon my social anxity.

Amelia
      FREE

Hi Catherine. Reading the posts on the forums I have concluded that it is the acceptance or otherwise of those nearest and dearest that causes the most stress.

As for getting a job (did you have one before you transitioned)? that is a whole different ball game.

Love. Amelia

Hi Catherine,

It may help you to watch some bio videos from The Minnesota Transgender Oral History Project. It’s an interview type project that has over 200 Transgender people from Minnesota. There’s much one could glean from their life experiences. I haven’t had good experiences with finding new work after transitioning and living full time as the woman I am. My name and gender are corrected on all of my ID’s. I don’t pass yet. So what that combo is like is interviewing and never getting a call back. I would suggest trying to get a job as your assigned at birth gender, if your ID’s support that one, getting the job, saving money for a lawyer, then transitioning on your new job with your lawyer’s assistance. I would suggest specializing in your chosen career. Make yourself very desireable on your resume. There is a lot of transphobia out there. Sexual Harassment and Discrimination continue to be the hardest misdeeds to prove in court. Best of luck to you in finding a job! You can do it!

For other support you’re in a good place on this site. I would suggest developing a meditation, exercise and journaling regime. If transitioning stress is a lot then developing a regular meeting with a psychologist and your local transgender support group could help to vent with. That would also relieve some stress on your family and friends! I’ve found transitioning to be hard at times and easy in between. Once the key things are down like clothes, ID’s, make up and a job it seems to boil down to being treated with respect in the world. Hard to get sometimes…okay, a lot of the time. We can choose how to deal with these unpleasant comments and actions from others. We can forgive them. We can be an activist. We can make awesome besties who have our backs. Learning to cope is possible. You’re not alone!

Welcome to TGH, Catherine!Β  I know you’ll find wonderful people here willing to help you figure some things out.

Hugs, Ambassador Cloe

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?