Hi

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I am a 35 year old Transfeminine. I’ve known that I was a girl since my teens, but being raised in a catholic household pushed me to repress and deny who I am. I finally couldn’t deny it anymore and fully came out to my wife (who is taking it ok, and is trying to be supportive). The unfortunate part is that I have a good paying job in construction where I can never make my transition, which hurts so much. But I finally except who I am and wish I had excepted myself sooner. I love that there is a place like this that makes me feel welcome and excepted. Thanks for all that you do here.😘

Welcome to TGH Angela.Β  I’m glad you have a supportive wife and know that has to be through a lot of effort to balance things for her and for yourself.Β  I can say I know at least two trans women who own their own small construction businesses.Β  One is full time.Β  Both have supportive wives.Β  I won’t say it is easy, but they don’t have to worry about the boss or cow-worker so much as employees and customers.Β  I’m sure they each have some very unique perspectives on what it takes.Β  Anyway, I hope to see you around Angela.

Hugs, Ambassador Cloe

Cloe,

Thanks for responding, I know that nothing is in impossible and that because transitioning is always in my thoughts that I will fully transition eventually…. I have rewrote the next part of this response like 5 times and all I kept writing were excuses. I am scared! My wife is my world and I afraid what she will do, my children are more important to me than anything else and I hope they will understand me. My job is a job , I blame it because I don’t know what else to do.

Angela,

I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve sat and rewritten a response wanting my true thoughts and feelings to come through and to be genuine.Β  Β Both marriage and employment are legitimate concerns for anyone.Β  Both take work to maintain.Β  I hope you have a counselor to help you deal with these and your own.Β  What I can say is for those who have managed to keep marriage the process of helping the spouse adjust was slow and purposeful.Β  They’re transitioning too and not by any choice they’d make for themselves in most cases.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?