Hi there , I’m Nicole from Reno NV

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I’m from Reno,NV and looking for resources that are trans friendly in our area, ie:  Salons, clothes stores, therapists.  I’ve been cross dressing for most of my life (off and on),  and now that I’m divorced, have been daily.  I don’t go in public dressed very often.  I just feel more comfy, in women’s clothes and always have..  I identify as a woman when I am home alone.  I’d like to meet more of us, and don’t know where to begin.  I have read the Transgender Allies Group PDF for my local area.

Sidenote: I am fully attracted to both sexes.

• Nicole’s my oldest daughter’s name and I am Stephanie near Toronto,  Ontario,  Canada.  A site that helped me in the early days was lucillesorella. com so please check.out when you can.  Stephen gave birth to Stephanie Nov 2015 and in public, or en femme,  since Spring of 2016.  Hoping online connections to LGBTQ in your area and feel free to ask me anything lovely lady! 💃🌈🇨🇦🇺🇲
      Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Nicole, here is a link with lot’s of great info. That will help point you to our Local Places listing where you can find all sorts of stuff in your area.

https://transgenderheaven.com/forums/topic/tgh-site-resource-listing/

Way to go Nicole. If you’re more comfortable in female mode, you might consider appearing in public, small doses at a time. just be careful. Confidence is #1!

Thank you, I have gone out to Walmart late at night dressed.  I guess that was scary and thrilling and many other feelings all at once!

That being said, I think it would be more beneficial to go with at least one other friend, whether dressed or not, so that would lighten the mood and be more of a positive experience.   Plus, maybe they could help me pick out makeup!

Baby steps, baby steps. That’s what I took, and it worked.

Hello Nicole,

Please excuse me – way behind on my greetings..

Welcome to our wonderful, accepting, loving, helpful community where you can be safe and be yourself.

You can read about the knowledge and experiances of others on a similar path by reading articles and in the forums and chatting in chat rooms.
      My hope is that you will become comfortable here and make many new friends.
      Glad you are here. Looking forward to seeing you on the site.
      Terri Anne, Ambassador

============ TGH MtF ChatRoom ============================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/chat/mtf-transgender-chat/

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Nicole:

You found us! Very Good!

One thing that can be very useful is to connect with your local trans community. Social connection and validation are powerful tools in the fight against fear and shame. Plus, while folks have general information, some may even have detailed information as to which sales person in a store was particularly helpful or which waitperson or bartender was particularly respectful. These are the things that let us know that people see us as who we are. For them, I would guess that they have moved beyond the Gender Binary.

You mentioned the possibility of working with a therapist. Many here have benefitted from that. The human mind will almost always work towards taking the stress and tension out of our lives. For us, it is hard to stay focused on something that has the potential to turn our lives upside down. A therapist can be a powerful ally in helping to figure out what needs to happen. One point to note is finding a therapist with experience in gender issues as not everyone has that.

Thanks for filling out your Profile page completely! I usually have to remind people to do that. Remember that your page will always be readily available and can be updated at any time.

If you would like to search for other members in you area, click on Social in the Menu and them Member Directory.

Thank you, you speak from experience and I appreciate that immensely.  I have done a lot of work in the last few years with self acceptance, and that has helped me to begin to embrace Nicole as an integral part of my life.  I just recently experienced some of my peers talking not so positively on the “trans” community. I let them have their space, as I am big on not being self rightous.  It did get under my skin a little, and I was starting to feel defensive, but knew it was not the right time to “come out” to this particular set of individuals.  Anyways, those are the types of areas I would like to have the commonality of the community to discuss such issues.  Thank you again, –Nicole 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?