How to choose a gym

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I’m starting to work on my body in order to feminize myself a bit through exercise, and I’m curious, how do you ladies choose a good trans friendly gym? I’ve let myself get obese due to depression, so I’m needing to get back into shape anyway, but I figure this is a great chance to work on my body dysphoria and also get physically healthier at the same time. That being said, I don’t want to end up in constant confrontations with dudebros and bored soccer Karens (I realize those things will happen from time to time, but minimizing them would be nice), especially once I start HRT and eventually transition to using the womens locker room. Bonus points if y’all know of any good gyms in the DFW area of Texas, especially if they have personal trainers that are experienced with MTF body work.

Well, I used to go to LifeTime Fitness because they have an inclusive policy. I had no problems of any kind there.    After moving to a smaller community, I joined AnyTime Fitness, at first in male mode.   They have similarly inclusive policies and just to be courteous, I took the time to introduce myself to the gym manager in my female self and was very warmly received.

Anonymous

I Use Planet Fitness in my area, it is fairly inexpensive and people tend to be in their own little world so no issues at all. Also the gym itself has a policy of not bullying people or showing off, even has a big red ‘lunk’ alarm button on the wall if someone is out of line. I have never seen it used. The gym however is very lacking on personal trainers and the ones they have are just kids who do not have their head in the right spot. My main go to is actually the Workout for Woman app it has several workouts geared to different areas of the body or goals. The only short fall is the hip dips issue I have and I do not think there is a workout that will solve this.

However for body shaping I found side planks and mermaids do wonders especially if you do side bends along with them. I tend to stay away from most arm and shoulder stuff except stretching.

Miriya

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Advice for Transitioning’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?