HRT: Seeing the doctor the first time.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

So I just made my appointment for HRT. October First. I was wondering what should I expect and what questions should I be asking so i get the best care possible.

First get a referral to a good endocrinologist, he/she will put you on oestrogen once he/she is satisfied you are fair dinkum. Have a blood test by your GP – especially for liver/kidney function. Once you’re clear healthwise, you can start your HRT. Make sure you take the tabs rigorously every day. I thoroughly doubt you’ll see any emotional change during early days. It may hook in after a few months and definitely no physical changes for three to six months (muscle weakening, growing breasts). If you want further info from TG professionals, go to https://epath.eu/ Enjoy your transition – it’s loadsa fun. Jayne

I’m going to give this a little bump because I have an HRT consultation tomorrow (1/12/21) and am curious what questions I should ask, or any other advice going into this first appointment with an endocrinologist. I met with my psychologist last week and she wrote my approval letter, so that part is done! Any input would be welcome!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘The Physical Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?