I’m crazy sensitive to progesterone, are you?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

My doctor told me that some people like to take the progesterone at night when they’re on mtf hormone replacement therapy.  She also said that some people don’t notice anything from it.

I tried mine after I had been on the estradiol for about a week.  I just squeezed a little bit out and swallowed it.  Then I was almost asleep but suddenly got really uncomfortable and had to get up.  I got a glass of water and sat on the couch, feeling very uncomfortable.  Then I fell asleep and had a very dry mouth when I woke up.

Does anyone have any kind of reaction like this?

When I use it topically I don’t have any bad reaction.

Thanks in advance if  you have anything to share!

I am now on oral progesterone after 16 months of estradiol. I was told to take it at bedtime. i have not noticed any issues, so far. I have not been taking it a full month.

Rebecca,

Nothing here to report.

Glad you are ok.  Hopefully your endo doctor can figure it out.

Terri Anne

It knocks me right out, and has made me a bit frisky all the time.

Okay, I think I’ve got this figured out:  it seems that after tapering off the estrogen for my monthly hormonal cycle, I am able to tolerate plenty of progesterone, either topically or orally.  But at zero estrogen for a couple days I started getting muscle spasms and cramps (as well as depression, ravenous hunger, gas, diarrhea…) So I took a little tiny piece of estrogen and my body got pretty flipped out!  I was driving and having a hard time with it.  It seems like I need to taper gradually and carefully!

Now I know that not everyone is going to have the same effect as me, but hopefully this information can be of help to someone.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘The Physical Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?