IS IT WEIRD?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Jasmine
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

I keep putting off finishing a book. It’s the last of a 3 book series, does anyone else do this?

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by Jasmine.
      Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

OMG Jasmine, given that the overwhelming majority of the books I even have are reference, I do that all the time. But when I used to read non-fiction, I used to read the entire thing. Just maybe not in one sitting. My mom does it as well. She does love her dramatic intrigue novels…. On her Kindle! Hugs, Michelle

Jasmine
        MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Think I hate the idea that once I read the last page, the story ends.

DeeAnn Hopings
          AMBASSADOR

But our story continues…

missyjo
            FREE

I am usually reading 2 or 3 books at a time, switching between them. I read at meals n at night on bed. living with just a cat does that. I joined a kindle reading challenges each time n they’re fun for me. I mix fiction n historical n reference books in. I like Michelle’s outlook, the story never dies as long as we recall it n share it with others.

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

No, actually it doesn’t end; unless you let it. To me, part of the aura of the non-fiction book is that it allows the reader to continue to think of that would be the next chapter in those characters lives. Kind of like our own ‘never ending stories’. Stories never end until no one thinks about them anymore and they are forgotten. Michelle

Jasmine
        MANAGING AMBASSADOR

I have toyed with the idea of continuing a story the way I would like to see a story go. Sometimes I can daydream about it and it’s good. But something I realize about myself, my imagination is just not as it use to be. Something I traded in my life to live a real life fantasy. I’ll forever want for something that may be gone, hopefully something transition can reverse and my creativity grows instead of dying out.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

I can’t say that I have direct experience. I do think in terms of stories from a personal perspective. I suppose it is how the world makes sense to me in that events have a beginning, a middle and an end. Therefore, if I am reading a book, the end is an integral part and has to be read. It would seem incomplete otherwise.

However, I do know this. The more time away from an activity makes it harder to resume…

Jasmine
        MANAGING AMBASSADOR

I known I must finish the story, I need to known if everything ends as I predicted. Since the series is final, that’s what I dread. The story ends. As for other series I have really enjoyed I do find time away from the story, I loss the emotional attachment. I recently discovered a continuation of a series I read a while back. Whether I pick up the series again, I may just re read the whole series.

I do find it is hard to read the last 20-25 pages of a book.  It doesn’t matter if it is fiction or non-fiction, the last 20-25 pages seems to go so slow and are tedious.  I have to push myself to finish.  It seems that the tension in the story has been resolved and the few remaining pages are less enthralling.

Speaking of books, is there a book club on this site?

Mary

Michelle Lawson
        MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Mary, actually there is a book club here. It’s called the Writers Library Group, and I have sent you an invite to that Group. In fact, we have many special interest Groups for you and others to check out and join. I hope you accept the invite and join in the fun. Hugs, Michelle

DeeAnn Hopings
          AMBASSADOR

Also, don’t forget the listing…

Sorry, I must plead ignorance.  What do you mean by “the listing”?

DeeAnn Hopings
            AMBASSADOR

There is a Book of the Month thread. It has information on a number of books that members have read and their thoughts on the texts. It’s a pretty broad range of books: biographies, transition, transgender politics, etc.

The last book I read was the autobiography of Carlos Santana.      Took a week to read the first two chapters. Took five more months to get to the end. I think I’ll stick to magazines.

Jasmine
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Thank you everyone for your replies. I would guess my point in writing this is that I really can get into a story. Eventually all good stories must come to en end. I usually stretch the last couple chapters out to prolong the happiness I have with the story and try to find one to replace it. I hope to get past the my current trend of stories of trans teens discovering themselves by accident or being put a situation that they self realize who they are. Maybe its more that I wish I had done something similar as a teen.

Thanks again everyone for the replies.. Hope you participate in my future posts. Sometimes I am serious and other times I just having fun. So please feel free to not take my post seriously.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Community Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?