Not much time

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Well, I am 60.  Always liked feminine clothing, perfume, heels, etc.  Never really followed up on my desires to go out and about dressed up.  Now have been dealt a healthcare blow and am realizing there isn’t much road left .  It sucks, but, hey, what are ya gonna do.  So I would like to talk cross dress, and meet cross dress.  Am an introvert, so I keep my groups small – as in not a lot of small talk.  I can do some, but prefer meaningful conversation about a wide range of subjects.  Don’t have any pictures yet, they will be coming along.  Same with the outfits.  I had some clothing, but gained weight and tossed it.  Now I am slimming back down.  Will start with a nice sweater dress, boots, nylons, short wig.  Makeup has always been the hard part.  But, to thine own self be true.

Well it’s just my humble opinion. But I can’t help but think and feel that it’s better to step out and tell the truth. And yes I know that it can and does cause pain both to those around us and to ourselves. But I think end the end game it is still a better practice and the outcome will have better results.

I didn’t come out until 56, and it caused me to lose most of my family and friends. But it’s now been 18 months and slowly most of the family has begun talking again. And some are understanding.

When I came out I decided to not take things slowly or battle with the struggles of facing the world.
      So I just got dressed and went out into the world and said here I am. And I have not looked back or stopped. Except to remember and understand where I started this journey at.
      That reference point means a lot to me.
      It is not how you start or at what age you start. I feel, it is only a matter of DO YOU START ????
      if you start the journey then it is a awesome opportunity to learn about yourself to explore a new deeper side of you and life.
      To live in a new way and with it’s joy’s and hardships.
      My heart goes out to you sister and the chances that lie before you.
      May you find all of your dreams.
      And if you need help or just want to talk etc, please feel free to reach out.

Peace and love

Shiloh Rose 🌹

Lauren Mugnaia
      AMBASSADOR

I agree with Shiloh Rose, it may seem easy at the time to not be truthful, but it’s my experience that not telling the truth will come back and bite you later – and it will not be fun!!

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Claudia:

As Rachel Maddow said:

“The single best thing about coming out of the closet is that nobody can insult you by telling you what you have just told them!”.

Also, as my grandmother used to put it:

“Lies have short legs!”.

The thing is, deception and sins of omission require that you remember what you said and to whom. If you don’t do that, you are caught. Therefore, telling the truth is much easier and likely less stressful.

Anyway, you can search for other members in your area by clicking on Social in the menu and then Member Directory. Also know that many LGBT centers have been doing social and support groups online. As you are not in a metropolitan area, this may help.

I encourage you to complete your Profile page as it is a start towards helping other members getting to know you.

Claudia, I can agree with the other advice you have already gotten.  I am 68 and rediscovered my feminine desires almost 4 years ago.  due to a few things – some in my control and some that just happened to me I am now out to most family friends co-workers.  I even went to my 50th class reunion as Cassie.

The way I look as it at my age I could have 28 days left or 28 years to live.  I am in good health but Cassie wants to give life a try.

Cassie

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?