Old TS looking for support and friends

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I am 65, mtf pre op since 1990, married third time.  Wife is in 50s, disabled with osteoarthritis and asthma since teens, diabetic, severe sleep apnea and edema in legs since 2007. Unable to walk since 2008.  On oxygen since 2017, with a dx of an enlarged heart.  8/1/2019 dx w/ rf, water retention, copd, all caused from chf.  Indications and symptoms imho, having gone through this before with second wife, would lead me to believe she is going to pass soon.

When that happens I will need support of friends (which are limited right now) to help me through the grief and support for what my next step should be.  At 65 my options are limited. So I am trying to think of some way to stay out of the senior home.

I also hope I can be helpful here with my knowledge of many years experience in the trans and gay communities.

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Louise, sorry to hear about your situation. I hope it does turn out well for both of you. But do check out the Friendly Places here on the site. Lot’s of very good resources. I’m not sure if you will find what you are looking for, but then again….

https://transgenderheaven.com/local-places/

Michelle

Very sorry to hear about your wife. You have my condolences. I’d love to chat with you sometime about your life experiences, and if I can be of any comfort to you I would be happy to do that. I’m 68, but began my transition and coming out much later than you did.  In any case, my best wishes and prayers are with you. Erica

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Louise:

Sad to read about what’s happening for you and your wife. I guess the only thing to say is that we can only do the best we can with the situation that has been presented to us. My wife suffered a spinal cord injury in 2008. Her mobility is primarily via a wheelchair and she is still driving, but I do understand the concept of dealing with chronic illness as it applies to both of us.

Having elders here is always a good thing in my estimation. We provide information based on observation and experience. That is helpful because we are less likely to be driven by the impatience of today and it is easier for us to prioritize, categorize and see parallels. Usually it is insight that can’t be found otherwise.

All My Best,

DeeAnn

Dear Louise.  My heart goes out to you in your situation.  Having lost my partner to chronic illness 2 years ago, I truly feel for you.  Please be free to reach out to me, or others, here on the site.  You’ll find friends, support and a lot of warmth and love.  And take heart, dear.  You are a beautiful kitten at 65.   You’ll find many older sisters amongst us, me included.

Prayers, peace and love          Carly

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?