- This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 days ago by .
I will admit that I am definitely a Purist in some respects. I define it as something that has sufficient significance for me such it has natural boundaries that relate directly to how I live my life. They are things that satisfy on some deeper level. I didn’t necessarily set out to do this, but I recognized it in hindsight. Sometimes, it also seems to relate to simplicity. To look at that another way, complexity is something to be avoided if at all possible.
So, what comes to mind for me is:
- Cars: My MINI is my 8th car. None of them had an automatic transmission. 3 pedals and 2 feet? No problem! I have been a car person since childhood, but perhaps it is the idea of having a machine do what you want and when you want it to happen. Maybe it might have something to do with control?!?!
- Coffee: For about 10 years now, I have been grinding my own beans. My wife commented once that coffee making seemed to be a ritual for me. After I thought about it, I think she was correct. Basically, if you carry out the steps as they should be done, you are awarded this Magical Elixir! As an aside, I really don’t like flavored coffees. No hazelnut, no vanilla, etc., just a touch of Half & Half. Simplicity!
- Liquor: I’ve never been one for mixed drinks, such as Martinis, Daiquiris, etc. A good quality Scotch and some ice is all I need. I think the idea is to taste the Scotch and not the things that one might put in it.
So, these are things for which I will welcome no compromise.
What are yours?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.