Settling In

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Well, I’ve been in my new apartment here at the facility I’m at. As I said before, they moved me out of the men’s houses and into the women’s. They have so far been very accepting of me. They call me Jessica. They give me beauty tips and nail polish and lotion and razors. So far they are amazing. When I got here I wouldn’t take my mask off because I hate my face. But they even made me feel better about that. I get to have my eyebrows plucked today…I’m so excited because my eyebrows are so bushy and they grow together in the middle… ugh. Yesterday my case manager brought 3 big totes full of clothes to me and told me to get what I wanted and send the rest back. I ended up finding a lot of really good stuff. It’s hard to find clothes that fit me because I’m so tall but I’m also really skinny. So where a normal 2 fits my legs and butt…I look like I’m waiting for a flood…Lol. But I was able to find several pairs of jeans that make my butt look good and are the right length. I found a lot of tops I really like, exercise pants and leggings..those are almost my favorite. I could wear those every day if it was always warm. And OMG, the boots I found!!! I had almost forgotten about those…my feet are a men’s 10, so shoes are hard too but these boots are amazing. I’m so happy here. Anyway, just wanted to check in, give an update. Thank you all for being wonderful! 💋

💕-Jessi

Brielle
      SILVER

Hi Jessi, I’m so glad you are settling in to a safe and affirming place! It makes a big difference in how we deal with the dysphoria, doesn’t it? I know since my wife has been more open for Brielle’s presence, it makes me feel even more at ease with the transitioning.

Don’t get me wrong, we are still in a state of flux since we don’t know where we’ll stand in six months, let alone several years. At least we aren’t very antagonistic so it’s getting better for me as well.

Hugs,

Brie

Brie I care a whole lot about you. I hope everything works out the best it possibly can for you. And I thank you so much. Yes, being comfortable has made such a big difference. I can’t believe how happy I am. 💕

Brielle
          SILVER

Aww, that’s so nice to hear! I am truly thrilled for you!!

Brielle
      SILVER

Hi Jessi, how are things going for you lately? I’ve been a bit tied up with work and home stuff. I came out to my daughter in mid-February. It went really well and she is totally affirming and supportive.

I’m a couple of weeks in with estradiol and doing well so far. I think my skin may be softening up some and I feel a lot more calm and on point. I don’t know whether it’s the HRT or that I’m less anxious that I’ve actually started the “good stuff”. I’m on the lowest possible dose due to my age and risks, but as I tolerate it, my endo will increase the dose a month at a time to the optimum level.

I’ll be at the Keystone Conference next week. I’m leaving every piece of male clothing at home. It’s about a 4-hour drive along the PA turnpike so I shouldn’t have any problems.

I hope you are still doing well and you are happy and safe.

Hugs,

Brie

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Community Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?