sorry but what about forms n gym or pool

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      missyjo
      FREE

Ladies

I’m sorry I know this is basic, but I don’t know the answer. sorry

so I want to start exercising at local lgbt center. ike dance classes. I get it, leggings, sports bra,..ok but on forms..do I wear my silicone ones under sports bra? shove them in the sports bra? just wear the padded sports bra? just wear usual bra with usual forms? swim forms?

related, to go to pool, swim forms only, right?

thank you

newbie, missy

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Silicone is not effected by water or sweat. However, I would be concerned about regular forms, which are a polyurethane skin encapsulating the silicone gel. Vigorous bouncing around may over stress the seams. They are very narrow and heat sealed. I’ve had the seams rupture without vigorous activity which is why I eventually bought forms that are solid silicone. Anyway, see what the manufacturer/retailer has to say.

missyjo
        FREE

DeeAnn

thank you. they sound wonderful. they look nice

I’ll contact manufacturer in next few days

thank you

hugs

missyjo
      FREE

DeeAnn

thank you. would not have thought of that so really a big thank you. makes sense I guess as some said please don’t sleep in them because you might roll over n pop them? geez. but thank you, I shall check. planning on swim forms added to tools, so maybe those will be more workout oriented

thanks

hugs

missy

DeeAnn Hopings
        AMBASSADOR

These are the ones that I bought over 5 years ago. They claim 10 year life and I have no doubt of that.

https://www.supergelproducts.com/breast-forms-palsbreastforms-nipples-trl3.aspx

They are a soft silicone. They as not quite as soft was the liquid gel, but unless someone is squeezing your boobs, no one will notice. But, since there is no skin and seam, you can do whatever. I sleep in mine most of the time. Their “lightweight” models are lighter than mine and softer, but you get what you pay for.

I notice the price has gone up a bit. I think mine were about $220 at the time. Previously I ruptured 4 pairs of regular ones in less time than I’ve had these. At $80 per, the cost avoidance covered the price of mine. The surface is also slightly tacky. With a reasonably close fitting bra, they will stay in place. You can’t go braless, but they behave more like real breast tissue in the it is effectively attached to your body.

missyjo
          FREE

DeeAnn,

they sound wonderful 😍

I shall definitely look into a pair or 2.

you wear something different to swim yes? but these you sleep n exercise in? how cool.

thank you dear.

I’m so anxious to get some

hugs

DeeAnn Hopings
            AMBASSADOR

I don’t swim, but yes, I would have no problem using the Pals forms for whatever. You have to work to hurt them. However, that said, I have no experience with their lightweight models. But, they make the same claims for them and I have no reason to doubt them.

missyjo
            FREE

oh I’d probably avoid lightweight afraid less durable. these sound wonderful

thank you DeeAnn

DeeAnn Hopings
            AMBASSADOR

Not a problem!

missyjo
            FREE

DeeAnn

may I ask another stupid question? what does scoop size refer to?

thank you

hugs

DeeAnn Hopings
            AMBASSADOR

It has to do with the curvature on the back side of the form. If one has more natural breast tissue, the deeper curvature will allow the form to fit around the breast tissue rather sit on top of it. Mine are the shallower ones..

missyjo
            FREE

ahh thank you. for now mine need be shallow, but I guess this will tie in with hormones n any effect they have..if I get up courage to do so.

thank you dear.

DeeAnn Hopings
            AMBASSADOR

Last year I gave a speech for International Women’s Day. When I started to write it, I realized that it was the perfect opportunity to tell my story in its entirety. But, underneath that is the thought process is that I am willing to share what I know, what I’ve done, what I’ve seen and what I’ve experienced. I used to be pretty closed off about many things, but that doesn’t help anyone; me included. I won’t say that I’m always right, and no one ever is, but it is important to me if I can help smooth someone’s path a bit or help reduce their worries and fears. I count that as a Win/Win.

missyjo
            FREE

DeeAnn,

what an absolutely lovely way to look at the world. Thank you. I do n I think all of us appreciate any suggestions n advice others offer. and I think we all know, advice cones with the standard caveats..it may or may not be right for you, but it helped me, so maybe n good luck. thank you for sharing.

I’m trying to proceed on my journey n I am new as I think my questions show, trying to juggle all the concepts, including getting n hoping for growth from hormones n such n hiding it from mom too..much as I’m concerned about concealing my new pierced ears from her…oh well, as I said, any ideas are truly welcomed n wonderful.

thank you dear

hugs

DeeAnn Hopings
            AMBASSADOR

What you don’t know is that it only took 70+ years to get to this point, but I suppose the important thing is better late than never!

We have to remember that we all start from the beginning. Like babies, we have very little knowledge. Fortunately, the human mechanism is designed to learn and to seek knowledge. Sadly there are many among us in the general population who are loath to do that, but as trans people we have a lot to catch up on.

Of the many things that are curious about me is that when I discuss a topic, I often think in terms of stories.  Perhaps it is because I like the simplistic form of a story: Beginning, Middle and an End. I really don’t know exactly why, but that’s how it seems to work out for me. Maybe 20 years ago, I was coaching a young engineer. She said something like “Everything is a story to you, isn’t it?”. Well, maybe not EVERYTHING, but at that point I realized that there was a lot of true in what she said.

For the issues that you have raised, my responses are pretty mechanical. The cause and effect are pretty straightforward. For other things, like the coming out process, my approach is very different. I talk about possible things to do and what the consequences might be, but I try very hard to avoid the Do This, Do That thing. It is something that I learned from my kids (both in their 40’s now). Ownership of a decision is very important. If people don’t take ownership, it can come down to: “I did what you said and everything got all messed up. It’s ALL YOUR FAULT!!”. Not a good situation.

There tends to be a lot of discussion here about the coming out process. That is understandable as it is a MAJOR step for the majority of us. At once, it is similar and different for us compared to gay folks. They don’t necessarily look different before and after, but we do, so that adds to the whole process. While I will freely tell people what I did and why, I will also say that it wasn’t a way that I would recommend. It has to be a very personal thought process and decision. While there will always be similarities in the lives of trans people, there are so many variables that makes each one us different. Even when the same variables are involved, the matter of degree comes into play to change things.

Anyway, I didn’t set out to write so much this morning. Perhaps it is a function of getting up very early on Wednesday mornings to take the trash out for pickup!?!? If it is useful, great! If it isn’t, consider it to be the ramblings of an old lady.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

missyjo
            FREE

DeeAnn

I think it’s wonderful that you n some other girls take time to pass on tips and wisdom n lessons learned…so unselfish n giving. thank you.

these forums, n ladies like you who entertain questions from newer n less educated girls like myself…this gives us an outlet n source of information to help navigate these roads. I can’t thank you n the others enough.

hugs darling, from a grateful newbie.

DeeAnn Hopings
            AMBASSADOR

Thanks So Much!

That says to me that we’re doing exactly what we need to do!

missyjo
            FREE

yes dear, you are. newer girls like myself seek guidance we never got growing up, sisters n friendships to make this journey seem easier…n you n the other girls who give us suggestions, help make our journey much easier n more enjoyable.

thank you

hugs

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘The Physical Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?