Support Group Loss

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

When I came out on Facebook, a friend of my wife’s told me about a trans friend of hers who ran a nearby support group.Β  I’ve been wanting to attend for months, but car and money troubles prevented me from getting there.

I was seriously in the auto shop getting my car looked at when I got on Facebook and found out their sponsor had terminated the employee in charge of the group and that the group was disbanding.Β  I am beyond disappointed, I was hoping so much to go and meet some transpeople in person.Β  To maybe make some friends that would accept me as Tory and maybe help me with my transition.Β  Now my best lead for that is gone.Β  I love you all and it’s nice talking on here, but when the only real people I can talk to in person are my counselor who I see every other week and my wife who is not even sure she can ever accept me as a woman, finding some close friends is something I could really use right now.

That’s just terrible Tory.Β  Were you ever able to connect with the support group leader?Β  They may be looking for some one to take over and may already have.Β  I’m sure the group itself wouldn’t want to see it go away.Β  Maybe you could get intro’s to some members and see if the group could be reformed.Β  If not sometimes PFLAG can help.Β  I found one in Binghamton
      https://pflag.org/find-a-chapter

Cloe

This was the post they wrote:

There will be no group tonight. Or ever. Because Southern Tier AIDS Program, Inc. Terminated the only employee running it. Thanks for the past few years. Stay in touch with each other, support each other, be kind. ❀

Pretty much says there’s no hope of them getting back together.Β  And mine was the only comment, so I don’t even know how big a group it was.

Maybe somebody will see my comment and get in touch with me, I don’t know.Β  I’ll look into your suggestion though, Cloe.

Sounds like that person could use their own support right now.Β  A couple things you could look into.Β  1. If the support group met at a specific facility then the facility manager/owner likely knows how to get hold of her.Β  2.Big if, the name you have is her legal name then you could see if they’ll pass a note to her as a caring acquaintance.

Ok, so I guess the post yesterday was an overreaction.Β  Today she posted that she is looking for a new place to host the group because the group did not actually belong to them.Β  Very relieved, I hope she succeeds soon.Β  And I hope I can get my car fixed soon.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘The Emotional Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?