Trans and Cis Women United

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everyone, I don’t know how new I am, but I have an interesting story to tell. Recently on a chess website I was invited to a club for women, and I accepted. Then a few days later I was removed, and the person running the club blocked me. I asked someone else in the club why. She said she didn’t know but would find out. I was removed because I am transgender, and it’s a woman’s club. So I decide to start my own club (my third club actually) called Trans And Cis Women United. It also welcomes allies. I’m not sure if this is allowed, and if not, I guess they will just remove the post lol. But if you would like to join the club, here is the link.

https://www.chess.com/club/trans-and-cis-women-united?ref_id=34341092

The club is only 2 days old, and already we have 30 members. One of the top executives at the site loves the idea, and said he would recommend it. I would love it if you would join, I think this club is important. Yesterday a trans woman from Brazil sent me a message and said she would like to join, but she’s in the closet, and is afraid people will find out. I told her that in the club’s settings, all club notes and forum post are private, and only members can see it. She was very happy, and joined right away. The website has free memberships and the club of course is free. I would love it if you all joined. If this post is against the rules, I apologize.

Lisa😊💋

Seren
      FREE

Love this 💕🏳️‍⚧️

I have no time for anyone, any organisation or group that suggests that accepting trans folks, or giving us rights somehow takes anything away from anyone else. Rights aren’t like cake.

stay safe and healthy

xx  Seren xx

Stacy Ann
      SILVER

Just speaking for myself, I think it’s a wonderful idea. And it’s nice of you to approach the issue in a positive and proactive way.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

I could never understand why some get so touchy about this. In the US, the best estimate of trans people is only about 0.6% of the population (which includes trans women and trans men). As those assigned female at birth represent about half of the population, it isn’t like we are going to take over anything and displace anyone…

Anonymous

I know nothing about chess. So tough when cis woman have to discriminate like this. Our issues over the years have been the same. Our being validated, and our voice heard. It pains me there is so much work to do, when there has been nothing but admiration and longing to be accepted.

I love the title of your club.I support you totally. My hope is that 500,000,000 will join, and that cis women will be a large part of that group.

You carry my heart. I am with you.

Cathy
      FREE

I can’t join as I don’t know chess but thank you for posting this and I agree with all the responses.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

I joined today. I haven’t played in some time, but hopefully I’ll find some time to do a few games.

Also, for those who say they don’t know how to play, there are tutorials on the site and probably others, if you would like to learn.

Lisa:

I encourage you to complete your Profile page. It is a good way for others to get to know you and you can update it at any time when something changes. After a short time, you cannot edit regular posts, but the Profile page continues to be a living document…

Anonymous

Joined also. Just wanted to support Lisa and those that are part of this endeavor.

DeeAnn Hopings
          AMBASSADOR

To put this into perspective, when we play, we are connecting with a l-o-n-g line of players dating back to the 15th century. In that line is brilliance along with some rakes thrown in for balance!?!?

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Lisa, this is like people many years ago would play a chess game via the mail services worldwide. Imagine two people playing chess on opposite sides of the globe, all through sending letters back and forth…. I imagine in the old days, the turbo prop planes, or the China Clippers carrying airmail letters across the oceans, with just one player’s next move…. I had an electronic project when I was younger, and I couldn’t get the thing to work. My dad knew an engineer at IBM that said he would help me get it working. But at a price; I had to play a game of chess with him when I came over. After a few weeks of this, I knew how to play. And my project worked…… Michelle

[postquote quote=94378]

That’s great Michelle, I love that story😊

[postquote quote=94370]
      Ok, thanks DeeAnn, and thanks for joining the club😊

[postquote quote=94371]
      Thanks, that really nice. As you and DeeAnn may have noticed, there was some drama at the website. I just want you know, that problem had been resolved. And thanks again for joining😊

[postquote quote=94350]
      Thanks 😊

[postquote quote=94348]
      Thanks, I really appreciate it😊

[postquote quote=94309]
      I completely agree. How many transgender black chess players who cried when Eddie Van Halen died can there be? lol 😊

[postquote quote=94283]
      Thanks so much😊

[postquote quote=94279]
      Thanks, you too😊

Wow everyone, I am overwhelmed by your support. I thank every one of you for your beautiful responses. Lisa🤗🤗🤗💋💋💋

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?