Transition Help

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hey guys! I’m a 24 year old “male” who has been identifying as female for a while now and I’m trying to start my MTF transition. I’m being driven crazy because I’m not the gender I feel I should be. I have been crossdressing for at least 10 years and I just want to become a female. My only issue is I don’t know who to talk to about beginning my transition. I just feel lost in the shuffle and I’m hoping some of you can help set me on my path. Thank you.

Cathy
      FREE

Hi Jayla,

Some people start by seeing a gender therapist. There are also a lot good books on Amazon about transitioning. Also look around on this site. If you have specific questions, just ask on this site.

-Cathy

Anonymous

<p style=”text-align: right;”>Hi Jayla!</p>
      Just a couple of resources I found very helpful early on ❤️

Check out the YouTube channels for former trans activist Stef Sanjati and current gender therapist Dara-Hoffman Fox.

Stef just streams video games on Twitch now but back then had one of the most informative and inspiring channels.

Dara is excellent all around and is currently reading through their Gender Identity Workbook aloud one chapter at a time on their channel for free.

Welcome. Hang in there. It will start to make sense.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Jayla:

Definitely agree about consulting a therapist with experience in gender issues. The problem is that our minds will tell us all sorts of things to minimize stress and difficulty. Transitioning, and even thinking about it, is a biggie as in the vast majority of cases it is stressful and difficult. A therapist can help you sort through where things really sit for you. By ourselves, that kind of objectivity would be extremely difficult.

When time permits, please finish filling out your Profile page. It serves to give other members a good idea of how your journey is progressing and how you are doing. You can also update it at any time as things change.

If you want to search for other members in Ohio, we can do that! Click on Social in the menu. Then click on Member Directory and you’re there!

Emily Alt
      UNITY

Definitely agree with the others.  Getting things sorted mentally is your first priority.  A good gender therapist can help you get started.  The girls here can help with that too.  If physical transition is where you’re heading, you’ll need to talk to your doctor.  Although less common these days, you might need a letter from your therapist too.

Welcome to TGH!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Advice for Transitioning’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?