Hi

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I’m just going to open with: I’m not the most eloquent person around. Hi, I’m going by Tara for now as that’s what my mum would have given me if I was born female. I joined here so I could have some place to go to to talk about all things trans, to have somewhere where I know I’m safe to talk about things. I’m not good at it though, I find it hard to talk about this topic in particular because I’ve spent most of my life hiding away and disassociating myself from me, others, and the world around me.

I know I want to identify and present more feminine, I don’t know if it runs deeper than that. Haven’t really spoken at length about this though. I’m hoping a professional could shed some light on that, if I were to book an appointment with one irl. I know it makes me happy when people view me as female, when IΒ see myself as female. Anyway.

Hi, I’m Tara, and this was difficult to type.

Brielle
      SILVER

Hi Tara, you did fine! You wrote from the heart and shared your anxiety and reached out for support! Well done you!!

Welcome to the best TG support forum in the world (at least most of us think so – giggle).

Hugs,

Brielle

Any steps are good steps baby steps dont rush and you’ve made the first by talking on here x

I feel so rushed though, I’ve spent so long having to hide that I just want to make progress already.

Tara… Welcome to TGH
      You are NOT ALONE…YOU ARE HERE WITH US… And we are here to Support you… So if you need a Friend… to Talk To… send Me a Message OK? This is a Safe Place to be your True Self..
      Jessica πŸ’•

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Tara:

Seeing your name reminds me of the Tara King from The Avengers! Yes, I am That Old!Β Anyway, very happy to have you here and know that we have many members from the UK. After the US, the UK is the 2nd largest member population.

You are absolutely right about the role of a therapist. Many here have found that working with a therapist has been very useful. Thinking about ones gender identity raises some very difficult questions and these are questions that we find it hard to focus on. A therapist won’t tell you what to do, but they can help keep you focused and help you find your own answers. But, it is important to find someone with experience in gender issues as many do not have that background.

Thanks for completing your Profile page. It helps other members to understand your situation better. Your page will always be readily available and can be updated at any time.

Also, if you would like to search for others in your area, click on Social in the menu and then Member Directory.

I probably won’t look for friends here, I’m not good at that thing either lol.

DeeAnn Hopings
          AMBASSADOR

There’s no obligation to do that, but one of the major issues in the community is isolation. Making contact with others is often helps to counteract that. Also, others close by my be able to share information about available resources in your area as some situations are better than others. Anyway, friends on the forum may, or may not, be how we traditionally think of friends, so don’t get hung up on the word…

Hello Tara,

Thank You for being here.Β  It is fun with you in the public Chatroom.

Here’s my usual greeting for new members.

Welcome to our TransgGender Heaven (TGH) site: A Wonderful, Accepting, Loving, Helpful Community where you can be safe and be yourself.
      The Warmth, Compaasion and Hospitality of our community members can be found throughout the site.
      You can read about the knowledge and experiances of others on a similar path by reading articles and in the forums and chatting in chat rooms.
      My hope is that you will become comfortable here and make many new friends.

Glad you are here,
      Terri Anne, Ambassador

======= Here is a link to the MtoF Chat room: ========
      https://transgenderheaven.com/chat/mtf-transgender-chat/

======== TGH Membership PLANS ===================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/choose-your-plan/#link_acc-1-3-d

=========== TGH How-to Navigation ============================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/forums/topic/member-howto-for-navigating-the-tgh-website/

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?