Nora Kay my restart

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Nora Kay
      FREE

Ok about 5 years ago I started HRT for 2 years then quit. I’ve been saying I took a break. But I quit. It was what my wife wanted. I love her, so I wanted to please her. And for some reason after I had a very very painful ankle replacement surgery I wanted nothing to do with transitioning. So time went on and of course it started coming back until one day I could not take it anymore. I emailed my endo and to my surprise she welcomed me back with open arms. Talked it over with my wife and all she wants is me happy.

so now I am back on HRT for 4 months and a  week. Getting my nails done as I write this.

still present male even though with a C-Cup it’s getting kind of hard.

Thingnis I am doing the same thing as last time. Not really doing anything towards my transition. Just riding the transition train. But getting my nails done is a start. It helps break my fear of being out in public with breasts and still presenting male.

next I may get micro blading On my eyebrows. And some natural eyelash extensions. And been looking to do fillers on my lips. I have no lips and I need some. Lol

Hi Nora, I totally understand your situation. I’ve had to put my transition on hold also. I’m really happy that your going to continue now. I’m will too eventually. It sounds like your wife supports your transition. I’m so happy your here Nora. Please let us know how your doing! Hugs..

I’m encouraged by all of your comments and support.  I, too, stopped my transition just before the pandemic and then, of course, felt totally isolated due to the lock downs.  You have given me hope as I begin again to fulfill my life as the woman I am deep within.  Thanks and warm hugs to each of you.

Alana

Nora Kay
          FREE

I am so happy. When making progress no matter how fast or slow it feels good. I am getting over anxieties and even though I still present male my clothing is pretty much all feminine. I don’t need to be mamed. Just no negative and I’ll be ok.

Nora Kay
      FREE

I feel so much better getting my nails done. It has been on my mind for so long. Finally did it. Really helped that I was the only one there. And they did a decent job. So I am happy for now.

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Hey Nora, that is fantastic. In the beginning, I think there is a lot of ‘wobbling around’, so to speak’, and as time goes on, we get a better footing in life, and the wobbling gets less and less. And then one day, we realize, we are walking a straight line, and the next goal is insight, and soon to be in our grasp. Hugs, Michelle

Hi Nora , You know it’s interesting , I’ve been all switched over for around 3 years documents , hormones and surgery etc. but I never took the time for facial electrolysis , you might think I would have and did have some done  still somewhat presenting male and all though facial hair is not a major issue as per say for me but !? and  I don’t have a dark 5 O’clock shadow but just a tid bit , get rid of it when somewhat still presenting male because once switched over and presenting female you won’t want to let the hair grow before each electrolysis session  to get it removed walking around in public – for myself now I’d have to walk around for minimum 10 days to get some growth and you can’t just get in for a 3 hour session when you want to – I think you’ll find this is more important than eye lashes and nails all be it , it makes you feel your doing something about your gender dysphoria  – unfortunately estradiol and at the start Spironolactone will not get rid of facial hair with long established roots from male puberty – this is a catch 22 for me now 100 % as a legal woman and funny I was D cup naturally before any SRS surgery and I increased my boob size with BA , I can go for a good 12 hours daily but is really a pain shaving to maintain what people expect socially presenting female – get rid of the damn facial hair to start with despite feeling feminine doing eye lashes and nails , it’s pretty important along with the most important is voice surgery , if you sound female you are female when out and about as a woman – XO – Krystal G , BC , Canada

Nora Kay
        FREE

Oh yes I will be restarting the electrolosis soon. Had my neck close to clear. But off the hormones a lot came back. Its ough to find someone close and that will answer in a decent amount of time. I will be contacting the next one on my list. 30 minutes away from me.

Hello Nora,

Welcome to our TransgGender Heaven (TGH) site: A Wonderful, Accepting, Loving, Helpful Community where you can be safe and be yourself.
      The Warmth, Compassion and Hospitality of our community members can be found throughout the site.
      You can read about the knowledge and experiances of others on a similar path by reading articles and in the forums and chatting in chat rooms.
      My hope is that you will become comfortable here and make many new friends.

Glad you are here,
      Terri Anne, Ambassador

======= Here is a link to the MtoF Chat room: ========
      https://transgenderheaven.com/chat/mtf-transgender-chat/

=========== TGH How-to Navigation ============================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/forums/topic/member-howto-for-navigating-the-tgh-website/

Brielle
      SILVER

Hi Nora,

I mentioned something similar to my therapist a while back – before I even started estradiol. She said we all will arrive at a point when we’ll just “know” it’s time to embrace it and go full-time. I’m planning on being full-time as Brielle in 2023. If something should happen, I’ll just reset the timer and “baste” some more (giggle). Your timing is yours – no one can take it on nor can you take on another’s.

BTW, I hope I get close to C cup without augmentation (so jealous!). It’s only been two months (5 on t-blockers) but I already have decent breast buds… fingers crossed!

Hugs,

Brie

Nora Kay
        FREE

I attribute my breast growth to my doctor and pellets. It’s so nice not having to worry about taking a pill for E. I go in every 3-4 months and get pellets inserted. Also from what my doctor has told me. And with my results I tend to believe her is Progesterone is important to growth. I am not 100% sure on my size but I fill in the 2 C bras I have but still mix in my B bras. I figure if I have cleavage I am good. No surgery for size. Oh and my E and P are biodentical.

Brielle
          SILVER

My doc has me on the patches. She will only go up one dose a month, so I’m still only at 0.050 mg/day delivery. I will get an orchiectomy as soon as I can. I understand things progress nicely once the T is gone.

Nora Kay
            FREE

Ugh, I could not handle that. I am sorry it is that way for you. I am very blessed to have found my doctor. Last time I was on hrt for 2 years then took a 3 year break. But before my break. My doctor told me we were at a point where just the E would be enough to keep my T at bay. Then while I took my break I never realized the reason I felt like crap a lot was my T never returned. So for those 3 years I was not at normal levels for either gender. My first blood test just before I restarted showed my T as low as they were just before my break. Then I restarted and felt good for like 3 days then it was not really too bad. But I was not feeling like I knew I should and my doc doubled my dose. Now I am feeling good. Just have to get over some of my intermittent depression. Just heard from my doc that she is bringing in a primary care doc into the practice. So now I will have my main doc and endo in the same building. Yay!

Brielle
            SILVER

Oh, wow that’s fantastic! I suspect the low T is why you got on the progesterone. Nice medication – restores just enough T and helps the breasts.

Lauren Mugnaia
        AMBASSADOR

Hi Brielle, you’re going to make me jealous!! Because I had open heart surgery last summer they are very hesitant to let me go on HRT because of possible issues with blood clots. I have already transitioned to fulltime but it looks like I will have to be content with what I have to work with. Fortunately I inherited my mother’s facial structure and her beautiful hands and can present well enough, but I would really like to try HRT to see, at my age, if it would actually be worth it.

Hugs to you,

Lauren M

Brielle
          SILVER

Hi Lauren, will they not even consider the patches? I know shots and pills are out for me also, but so far, I’ve done well on the patches. Also, if you considered an orchiectomy, you may not need a high dose of estradiol to get you where you want.

For me, passing is a part of it, but I mostly want to not feel the constant negative feedback I have from my dysphoria. I have to say that just this week, I may have turned a corner. My wife wants her own space (maybe permanently) which would have led me to a total meltdown even three months ago. I don’t want it to happen, but I want her to feel safe and independent so I am basically okay with it. Maybe the estradiol is giving me a less-volatile response to bad events.

I hope you can find your “happy spot” and have peace. It’s what we all deserve!

Hugs,

Brie

Lauren Mugnaia
            AMBASSADOR

Hi again Brie, I will definitely start the process of looking into that 🙂 I’m not interested in surgery but a little hormone help sounds nice!!

Nora Kay
          FREE

At your age? Never too old. Because I smoked when I started and have been off and on because my wife is having a hard time quitting, so that is making me have a hard time quitting completely. I found a doctor that uses biodentical pellets implanted under the skin. My doctor puts them in the fatty area in my thigh. Every 3-4 months I get bloodwork then go in for the pellet. From what my doctor told me it’s as close to as if your your body produces it. It’s a slow release over the 3-4 months. And if I start feeling bad before then, my doctor will have get bloodwork and come in early. I know when I started they were kind of new for the transgender community. But they have been around for a long time. And I still only know of 2 in SoCal that used them. I have not known anybody who did not have good results from pellets. I research and research, then do more research. It was months after my therapist had already given me a letter ok’ing hrt before I found somebody who did pellets. But I found her. I love her. She is the best. I am lucky though. I have an insane PPO. I don’t need referrals or anything like that. I can go to any doctor I choose. My insurance covers the visit and the labor to implant. But not the pellets themselves. So I think it costs me about $50 when I go in. Broken down 3-4 months is not a lot.

Lauren Mugnaia
            AMBASSADOR

Thanks Nora Kay, as I just said to Brie, I will be looking into a way to safely get some HRT started, looking forward to that. 🙂

Love,
            Lauren M

Thanks, Nora, for the information on the pellets.  Sounds like a wonderful way to apply hrt.  Have you felt any negative side effects, especially near the end of your implant cycle, 3 to 4 months?

Best regards,

Alana

Nora Kay
            FREE

I love it. The only negative I have is in the beginning getting the dosage correct. Last time it was 3 months in the beginning between implants and towards the end of that 3 months you start feeling a little tired. But once we had the dosage correct I was fine. Barely felt it. I am starting to feel like I can lose the T blocker like last time. One less pill to take. I’ll go until my next implant and ask my doctor if I can eliminate it. My T was low before I started. But my little friend was making appearances. So that’s why I am taking it. But he has been unseen for a while.

Thanks, I’ll be asking my endo about pellets next time we meet.  I like the thought of an implant every 3 to 4 months and the sense that the dispensing of E in my body is rather consistent.

Hugs,

Alana

Nora Kay
      FREE

Oh my god! I have had FaceApp on my phone for over 6 months and just now tried it. But I used my senior high school picture. I knew I should not have done it. I should have used a recent pic. Not sure I will use it as my profile pic or not. Honestly I am using it on another site. But I think the app is cool. Lots of fun. But I may not look that good. lol. Or I may look better when I’m done.

FaceApp is quite good fun, but can have some very mixed results lol. When I was first dressing up in private, I still had a goatie beard, so used faceapp to try and see how i might look. The gender swap makes a lot of subtle changes, but really isnt a good way to see how you might look. So I tried using the make up app on my picture, and all I can say is ‘Rocky Horror’!
        I can say without sounding conceited that I 100% look better than the app made me look. Its surprising what can be achieved with the right wig, and subtle make up 🙂

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?