Clear all

Breast Pumps - do they work?

28 Posts
21 Users
0 Thanks
Topic starter
(@iserveu65)
Estimable Member     Canada, Ontario, Norwood

Well that's encouraging... I have on with an electric one that I use sporadically. You can take it to the painful point, so you want to be careful.... I think I'll keep using it for now, if for no other reason than to say I gave it an honest try

Thanks 🙂

(@patriciamarie)
Active Member     United States of America, Oregon, Hillsboro

I know that HRT is the most effective but I’m not ready for it

I'm currently 74 and have been on HRT for two years.  I started out at 44 inches around the nipples with 42 inches below on the rib cage.  It took quite a bit of time to get my testosterone down to a point it didn't get in the way of what my estradiol patch was giving me.  Talking with my doctor, we decided to start the estradiol as a low dosage and work up.  The first six months was hit and miss on hormone levels, but at the one year mark, after a change in blockers and bringing my estradiol dosage up, I reached what my doctor says is perfect transition levels.

By then, I'd gained one inch around the bust.  Not really enough to notice, but when I lifted my arms up to do my hair, if I was topless, I could see that there was real breast development.   Right now, 2 1/2 years in, I have 46 inches around the bust.  The charts claim that's a D cup.  However, putting on a B cup, I don't really fill it all that well.

My breasts, are uneven, that is to say my left looks pretty good, but the right is hardly noticeable.  What's there is pretty much spread out around the sides as much as up front.  So while the measurements claim one thing, reality is another.

What it amounts to, 72 was more than a little late to start the whole process.  The younger a person starts the better the result will be.   So if you're considering it, don't wait, do it now. I'm going to stick it out, because it can take up to five years to gain all that you can.  Truthfully, I knew it was a long shot when I started, but my gender identity demanded that I make the effort.

Since my insurance, Kaiser Senior Advantage, will cover hormone treatment, electrolysis and GRS, it won't cover breast augmentation in my area (they will in Washington) to spite the fact that Medicare will cover it, I'm at the point of seeking out an outside surgeon to see what my cost will be over and above medicare.

(@constanze)
Eminent Member     United Kingdom, Alabama, Chiang Mai

I managed to get hold of a hand breast pump that had some effect but the electronic versions get blocked at customs (in some respects officialdom is incredibly prudish in Thailand). I am now on hrt and putting on weight so it is hard to tell if it is the increased fat or actual breast growth as I have been on the hormones for about 10 months now.

(@meran)
Eminent Member     United States of America, Tennessee, Nashville

I voted 'yes' but only because it was the best answer in my experience.  I have used breast pumps for years before HRT.  Although the use of them was stimulating, there was no actual physical augmentation.  The breast cremes didn't work either, they best they can do is using them while on HRT and applying it.  The massaging effect is the key, not the ingredients.  Any body lotion will do if you are on HRT.  Massaging any time and even in the shower helps too.

I have both vacuum and electronic 'stimulator' types of breast enhancements.  I like both but I can't say one  is better than the other.  I would lean more towards a rhythemic suction machine (Brava) if you can afford it.

(@brendaleigh)
Estimable Member     United States of America, Arizona, Apache Junction

Never used one, I do massages by hand 2x daily

(@ab123)
Eminent Member     United Kingdom, West Sussex

I have the manual pump with 5' cups. When I first started I could barely get my breasts halfway into the tube without them going blue and quite painful. Perhaps I overdid it.

However I persevered and did a bit every now and again. Eventually I could actually fill the whole cup without any strain. That took me about six months. I then purchased the bigger cups and again it has been a long process and can fill 3/4.

After a session the breast area is swollen and it will go back down. There is an initial obvious sign but it does go.

Has it worked? Well I do not do the process religiously but at the start of the process I was B cup and now I am C cup.

I would say that it would depend on how much you have at the start but it does help the skin to stretch and I can wear lower cut tops.

I never believed the hype when I purchased them but, for me there has been a difference

(@toniace1)
New Member     United States of America, Maryland, Frederick

I did the breast pump for the last two years.I only did it on the left side for one hour everyday.my left side is almost a cup bigger.I only did one side because I wanted to see if it really works or not.It does.Now I’m working on the other side to balance out.

(@insearchof)
New Member     United States of America, Arkansas

Hit there....
Amy.. a Newbie here...

Just been kind of familiarizing myself with the site

trying to figure out everything and how it works...which for me...a little complicated

since I don't usually have much time to devote to being on computer....

ANYWAY.....

The breast Pump threads caught my attention......so thought I would put in my 2 cents worth....and who knows...might actually help someone in their personal journey....

I am OLD LADY...haha...not petite...but not large either I guess...

5ft. 9in...162lbs....and nice PERKY breast..

I transitioned 20 years ago..post op for 17....

I guess I am the kind of person that does things against the grain so to speak...or my way...just because I want to see something for myself...

1st thing I did after I started taking Estradiol was to get an Orchiectomy

I figured this way I would not have to waste the time or what $ I didn't have for T blockers..etc and the Estradiol would have more of an effect.....

I was right.....more fat....smoother skin, more fem shape....and most importantly...my BOOBS started growing..

Got to B cup..but for my frame and size.....just was not in proportion so started exploring different methods and STUFF..

Tried the Noogleberry system that someone mentioned.....did tun them bluish/greenish sometimes if I put on to much pressure......but I never noticed any real difference in size...

Like you....tried all kinds of creams and pills..

During this time....I was also injecting my estradiol which I feel at least for me is the best way as it is more direct....by passes the liver...

OK...here goes...the 2 products that worked for ME...

I guess I can say their names as I see others use them..

Breast Enhancement cream or gel with DHEA which I used once in morning and at night....

Breast Actives was the best pills I found after trying several.......the gel also helps to firm....but I still do exercises everyday with my 5 lb. weights for my chest...

NOW....it seems I can't get them to stop growing...or my imagination...

Several years ago...when a friend was going to buy me a bra at Victoria's Secrets.....they measured me a 38A...

I haven't taken my own measurement for a while...waste of time.....

This is what I did and it worked VERY well for me....to well I think sometimes...but still get the stares as I never (except when really called for...)wear a bra....

Girls are that firm and perky......

OK......

Thank you for letting me say my say and hope it helps someone ...maybe something you haven't tried...

Stay safe....

Page 2 / 4

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?