Clear all

Integrating the Self

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Thanks
Topic starter
(@iserveu65)
Estimable Member     Canada, Ontario, Norwood

This may seem unrelated at first, but bear with me.

I have begun seizuring in the last year and when I went to see my therapist to talk about it she suggested that I try this simple exercise. It is designed to cross the bridge between the left and right hemispheres of the brain.

I'm a big fan of Chinese philosophy so it relates very strongly to Yin and Yang. Yin is the feminine, soft, subtle side... your imagination and intuition... in the right brain. Your male self is more your logic your rule set your dominant side, in most people - left brain.

I am finding that after practicing this simple technique for a month that I feel more integrated, if that makes any sense. Simply trace the figure of Infinity, an 8 on its side, in front of your eyes going out into your peripheral vision and tracing the movement of your hand with your eyes, while trying not to move your head. What this does is force your left brain to communicate directly with your right brain, and vice versa. I have been told that musicians that practice this before going on, actually play better.

On the topic of dysphoria I wonder if it might be a useful tool to have in your arsenal.

Cheers, Stephanie xo

3 Replies
Topic starter
(@iserveu65)

Oh, and the infinity symbol is used because it will excercise in such a way that all possible aspects are activated. Left/Right, Up/Down and the lens and muscles of the will even flex in and out with the constantly changing focal distance.

Enjoy and best of luck if you decide to give it a try!! πŸ™‚

(@cloe-anne-webb)
Honorable Member     United States of America, Virginia, Fairfax

I googled this to see what information is out there and found a few references to "The Figure Eight Infinity Swing".Β  I tried it for a few minutes and it did wake up something in my right brain, something physical and mental.
I will be talking to my therapist about this since integration has been something we've been working on.

Thanks and Hugs,

Cloe

Topic starter
(@iserveu65)

You are very welcome, Cloe πŸ™‚

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?