Finally making the crossover from CDH

38 Posts
14 Users
8 Thanks
Topic starter
(@ellyd22)
Trusted Member     United Kingdom, Norfolk

Hi

Hopefully some of you may already know me from Crossdresser Heaven πŸ™‚ I don't know why it's taken me quite so long to register here as well, but there you go.

Anyway, I'm Ellie, a transgender girl from Norfolk in the UK. I recently came out to my Mum and one of my sisters, with very positive outcomes in both cases. I live full time en femme at home but am still in boy mode for work. I'm not quite sure how far along the path to transition I'll go as yet, but I'm very much enjoying the journey. I'm very, very happy being me πŸ™‚

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and possibly making some friends.

So ... hello again!

Hugs

Ellie x

37 Replies
4 Replies
(@terria67)

Honorable Member     United States of America, California

@ellyd22Β  Hi Ellie,

Nice to see you here in TGH.

Loved your comments and suggestions in CDH for the new forums.

I am also a serial liker in the forums... so your comments resitered with me.

See you here there and everywhere.

Terri Anne

( Wanna Be UK girl) Trans Heart Β 

(@ellyd22)

@terria67 Hey Terri Anne πŸ™‚

It's good that the changes were piloted on CDH before being migrated over to here. It should make for a smoother ride. Hopefully the TGH membership will quickly get used to them.

Hugs

Ellie x

PS You can be an 'Honorary UK Girl' if you like. We need more members on our team.

(@ellyd22)

I clicked the 'thumbs up' on your post and it's telling me that I 'reacted' rather than 'thanked' That seems a bit odd. 'Reacted' sounds FAR less friendly, and not necessarily positive!

(@terria67)

Honorable Member     United States of America, California

@ellyd22 Hi Ellie, I agree.Β  Will see how things shake out.

Terri

Ambassador
(@reallylauren)
Reputable Member     Canada, British Columbia, Victoria

Welcome Ellie, to the "other side", where many of us are definitely full time girls, and love discussing anything girly that may come to our minds. πŸ™‚ Feel free to ask us, or tell us, anything and we'll be more than happy to talk about it.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Silver
(@misstranslation)
Trusted Member     United States of America, California, Granada Hills

Hello and welcome!Β  It's super that your mom and sister are supportive. Knowing that someone has your back can give you the courage to keep moving forward. Not sure where my transition would have gone had my family and circle of friends not given me a "thumbs up" when I came out.Β  Best wishes for success!

Topic starter
(@ellyd22)

Hey Lauren

Nice to meet up with you again here on the 'other channel'.Β  I guess you already know all about me from CDH. Looking forward to getting fully involved πŸ™‚

Hugs

Ellie x

Topic starter
(@ellyd22)

Hey Dana

Thank you so much for your reply.

Currently it's JUST my Mum and one of my sisters who know my truth, but they're both super-supportive. My oldest sister, and in particular her husband, have a history of homophobic comments; I think it would be a stretch for them to understand that a trans crossdresser can nevertheless be straight.

It's possible that they MIGHT surprise me, in time. At the moment though it's probably prudent to keep Ellie under wraps for the foreseeable future as far as they're concerned πŸ™‚

Hugs

Ellie x

(@natalieg)
Trusted Member     United States of America, Florida

Hi Ellie. Being happy is 100% of it! You got this.

Topic starter
(@ellyd22)

Hey Natalie

Oh ... yay!

If being happy is 100% of it then I'm already there πŸ™‚

Ellie is very cool with herself and her own identity. Other people might not be, so revealing her to the world is a slow and cautious process. I'm sure that other girls on here are only too familiar with that.

Let's see what unfolds πŸ™‚

Hugs

Ellie x

Ambassador
(@flatlander48)
Noble Member     United States of America, California, Cathedral City

Ellie:

Glad to have you with us! I’m sure that you have noticed some familiar names on this site. I think that is, in part, a linkage to our past. For some, and I have no idea of how many, crossdressing can open doors such that ones true sensibilities shine through. However, I suspect that it isn’t a great percentage, but I don’t know of any hard data.

Also, note that every transgender person does not seek physical transition. Some of the reasons for this are:

• expense if not covered by health insurance
  • 6+ weeks for recovery may not possible due to work or being a caregiver without backup
  • External factors such as work environment, family environment or peer pressure
  • Not a good risk for surgery for medical reasons.
  • Not wishing to have invasive surgical procedures

There may be other reasons, but these are among the more common ones.

Contrary to the belief of the general populace, the number of trans people who have confirmation surgeries is relatively low. As I remember, a statistic that I saw a few years was only about 30%.

In my case, I have no intention of having any surgeries nor a course of HRT. I have never thought that I was born in the wrong body, but what I eventually realized was that I have always been this amalgam of genders. This shows up in various ways. I’m a retired mechanical engineer, yet my problem solving tends to be intuitive, followed by logic. For my peers it would be reversed. I have always had a sense of the esthetic and have always Β been sensitive to the emotions of others. I have no idea what is going on for people, but I know when something is β€œoff” with a pretty high degree of accuracy. I’ve been a car person and a motorsports fan since childhood. I’ve even driven a few race cars in my time. However, it isn’t unusual for me to watch TV coverage of an F1 or IndyCar race while skimming Etsy, Poshmark or department store sites in search of silk blouses, heels, jewelry or other things. Some might think this behavior odd, but it is how things sit for me.

Anyway, many external to the community think that they β€œknow”, but the reality is that they don’t know jacks++t.

Page 1 / 5

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?