Clear all

Hello everyone

7 Posts
5 Users
2 Thanks
Topic starter
(@melissaj)
Active Member     United States of America, Arkansas, Little rock

Hello all, just a brief introduction here.  late 50's amab that's just accepting that i'm trans.  Started working with a therapist a few weeks ago and recently came out to my immediate family.  That went better than anticipated but things are still unsettled with my wife.  my therapist suggested i find community so i'm hoping to slowly spread my wings and learn from others here.   

Topic Tags
6 Replies
1 Reply
Ambassador
(@flatlander48)

Noble Member     United States of America, California, Cathedral City

@melissaj 

Melissa:

Glad to have you with us and I hope that being here will be helpful as your journey continues.

I say Journey very particularly because understanding our gender identity issues is not the work of a minute. It’s good that you are working with a therapist. I often suggest this as it is very difficult to work through things on our own. One thing that does make a difference is having a therapist with some experience in gender issues as not everyone has this background.

I would also do some searching for support groups as a number of LGBT organization started doing them online during the pandemic. A number have continued as they found that it was a great way to connect with those who are traditionally underserved as a function of where they live, their socio-economic status, etc. Anyway, we are social creatures and we benefit from time spent with our peers.

You can check our Member Directory to see if any other members live in your area. That can be a great way to catch up on what’s happening in your area. Click on Social in the menu and then Member Directory.

Finally, please complete your Profile page. It goes a long way towards helping other members understand your situation, what’s going well, what’s difficult, etc. Also, other topics such as what we do for a living, where we’ve been, our outside activities, etc. can serve as conversation starters. You can also update your page at any point in the future as things change.

(@terria67)
Honorable Member     United States of America, California

Hello Melissa,

Welcome to our TransGender Heaven (TGH) site: A Transgender Support Site. We are a wonderful, accepting, loving, helpful community where you can be safe and be yourself.

*We are an English Language Site. Therefore, it would be prefered that you converse in Engish for all general topics on the site.*

You can read about the knowledge and experiances of others on a similar path by reading articles and in the forums and chatting in chat rooms.

My hope is that you will become comfortable here and make many new friends.
Glad you are here. Looking forward to seeing you on the site.

Terri Anne, Asst. Managing Ambassador

======= Here is a link to the MtoF Chat room: ========
https://transgenderheaven.com/chat/mtf-transgender-chat/

========= TGH Lounge - Community Forums =========
https://transgenderheaven.com/community/transgender-heaven-lounge/

===== Navigating the TGH website ======== https://transgenderheaven.com/forums/topic/member-howto-for-navigating-the-tgh-website/

===== TGH Site Resource Listing =======
https://transgenderheaven.com/forums/topic/tgh-site-resource-listing/

Bronze - Annual
(@firefly)
Estimable Member     Panama, Panama, Panama

Hi Michelle.

Welcome to TGH! A friendly, understanding and supportive community.

Gisela

1 Reply
Bronze - Annual
(@firefly)

Estimable Member     Panama, Panama, Panama

I am sorry. I mean Melissa.

Gisela

(@mustangtoni)
Estimable Member     United States of America, Florida, Tampa

Hello Mellisa.   It’s so nice to have you with us TGH is a great place to gain friends and get support “coming out “ can be traumatic  especially with one’s mate  I sincerely hope things will work out for you  best wishes to you Toni 

Topic starter
(@melissaj)
Active Member     United States of America, Arkansas, Little rock

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!  i've always been a wallflower so opening up about myself or anything is a slow process and i may not post a lot just yet.  

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?